Education commissioner assigns district ratings
30 school districts receive highest rating of “Distinction” Creede School District Receives this honor out of the 178 districts in our state.
The performance indicators for districts are:
- Achievement on statewide assessments in English language arts, math, and science.
- Growth from year to year on English language arts and math.
- Secondary schools’ graduation rates, dropout rates, matriculation rates, and college entrance exam scores.
Districts received one of the following accreditation ratings:
- Accredited with Distinction
- Accredited with Improvement Plan
- Accredited with Priority Improvement Plan
- Accredited with Turnaround Plan
- Insufficient State Data
A total of 30 districts received the highest rating of “Distinction” and 90 received the second-highest rating of “Accredited.” Sixty-five percent of Colorado’s 184 districts and BOCES received the top two accreditation ratings. Zero school districts had the lowest rating of “Turnaround,” and only nine districts were on “Priority Improvement,” representing just 2.7 percent of all Colorado students.
*District reached Accredited with Distinction through request to reconsider process
BIG SANDY 100J
BUENA VISTA R-31*
CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN 12
CREEDE SCHOOL DISTRICT
EAST GRAND 2
EDISON 54 JT*
GILPIN COUNTY RE-1
HINSDALE COUNTY RE 1
KIM REORGANIZED 88
KIT CARSON R-1
MC CLAVE RE-2
NORTH CONEJOS RE-1J*
PLATTE CANYON 1
SANGRE DE CRISTO RE-22J
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS RE-2