After reviewing our recent parent survey, we had a high response from parents who would like more involvement with the school. This is most welcome as we seem to run at a shortage of volunteers!
Areas in which we need your help:
- Working athletic events (home games) at the gate and concessions
- Volunteering at Literacy Night, Science Night, Book Fairs and other events
- Occasionally assisting teachers in the classroom or on a field trip
- Joining the PTO
There are two types of school volunteers:
- Visitor Volunteer: Indirect student interaction and infrequent student contact.
Examples: booster club, concession sales, book fairs, PTO, classroom parties, speakers and presenters.
- Committed Volunteer: Increased interaction with students. This would include working with small groups of students under a teacher or staff member’s direct supervision. A committed volunteer must first be fingerprinted.
Examples: dance chaperone, Field Day volunteer, and classroom aide.
Those who would like to volunteer, please contact the office by phone (719)658-2220 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. From there you will be put in contact with the person organizing the event or the classroom teacher. If you want to volunteer in a classroom, teachers will need at minimum a two-day advance notice of your visit so he/she/they can prepare ways for you to help.
We are excited to develop a partnership with parent volunteers! We thank you for caring about the needs of our school and being willing to offer your assistance. We know that your partnership will add a tremendous amount of value to our students’ educational experience.
We are also looking for more substitute teachers. If you are interested, please visit “Employment” on our school website: www.creedek12.net.
The Administration Team